Trying to run Severn 2.4.21 kernel with RH 9.

Scott Garman sgarman at iname.com
Fri Aug 1 04:17:46 UTC 2003

Hey there,

I've got a Sony VAIO laptop (R505GL) and would love to use Severn's ACPI
and laptop-mode kernel under RedHat 9. I installed the kernel packages
for my arch and it boots fine but X won't start. X dies with a sig11.

I manually added the agpgart and i830 modules by hand just in case, and
I also saved the output of lsmod when I was running Severn and have made
sure all of the same modules are loaded when I try to start X under RH9.
Still no luck.

Can anyone explain to me why this isn't working? Could it have something
to do with the threading library, which apparently the Severn kernel is
compiled against?

Thanks,

Scott

--