updates

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 14:23:47 UTC 2003

Michael Young said:
> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 20:20, seth vidal wrote:
[snip]
> I guess the RHN thing is kinda political to me. I paid for a
> subscription, but during the time I'm beta testing, the entitlement
> isn't being used for anything. But, the expiration day stays the same no
> matter what. That just doesn't seem fair to the paying subscriber who
> wants to run the betas. Especially since the taroon updates are already
> in RHN.
>
> This is starting to resemble bitching, so I'll shut up..  :)
>
> --
> Michael Young <betatest at gnucode.kicks-ass.net>

>From what I've seen, beta's rarely have updates in RHN, because betas are
not meant for production systems.  Towards the end of the last beta many
people were complaining about a Sendmail bug not being fixed in the beta.
Mike Harris gave his take on it here:

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phoebe-list/2003-March/msg00140.html

I would suggest not wasting an entitlement on a beta machine.  Just
because you register it doesn't mean you need to entitle it.  If you are
using the GUI, the applet will alert you to any updates that might come
along.

--
William Hooper