repeated key press events?

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Sat Aug 2 16:15:37 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 10:58, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I've been experiencing a somewhat annoying problem on Severn, on both
> my desktop and laptop: sometimes, when I press a letter (or number,
> arrow, whatever), without holding it, I get, instead of just one
> letter, 5-20 copies of the letter (or number, cursor movement,
> whatever :-)
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this?  I'd like to file this in bugzilla,
> but I'd like to make sure the keyboards didn't decide to both start
> failing in this odd way at the same time.

I've seen this as well but I can't swear that it's not due to my
physical keyboard (el cheapo $12 Fry's special). The fact that someone
else sees it makes me think that it's not.

I can't really reproduce it, though, and it's only happened to me a
couple of times.
--
Kyle Maxwell <kylem at xwell.org>