updates

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 3 02:40:54 UTC 2003

Michael Young said:
[snip]
> I'm tired of hearing "it's not supported." I didn't ask for "support," I
> just asked why the updates for Severn weren't available from RHN, while
> the updates for Taroon are. And, so far, I received an answer from
> everyone but a Red Hat employee (well, not everyone, but you get the
> point).

I think you missed the part when we asked "what updates"?

> I am also concerned that I will not be able to use the remainder of my
> subscription on the next release of RHL. That would force me to keep my
> systems at RH9, or quit using my entitlements, which will cost me money.

As others pointed out your RHN subscription is not tied to either that
particular machine or that particular release.  It is based entirely on
time.  If you keep your subscription paid up you could continue to use it
on every release (note I said release, not beta) that comes out.

> I guess I will re-install my "supported" product, quit making an effort
> to contribute to the community, and go on about my business...

If your main concern is not being able to use your subscription on betas
in between releases, then by all means go ahead.  If you are interested in
seeing what direction the RHLP is going, and possibly make the next
release better, then run the betas.

Why don't you just let one of your subscriptions run out and have one
machine on the release and one on the newest beta?

--
William Hooper