repeated key press events?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Aug 3 08:45:40 UTC 2003

On Aug  2, 2003, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:

>> I've gotten this before on RHL9, with a USB keyboard. It doesn't seem
>> to be happening recently though.
>>
>> It could be kernel, X, or the desktop env, pretty hard to track down
>> especially when it's not reproduceable.

> The older uhci USB code would repeat events - I saw that with USB mice
> too. That seems to be fixed. The other case I know about is toshiba laptops
> but we *should* have a workaround in place that stops this occuring.

No USB kbd here.  This is a relatively cheap PS/2 keyboard on the
desktop (a custom-built Athlon/Asus-A7V133 box), and the built-in
keyboard on a Dell Inspiron 8000.  The fact that it happens on both
makes me thing it's not the hardware, but something in the software.
The fact that I don't use other machines and that it happens so
infrequently makes it hard for me to tell the exact conditions in
which it happens.  It *might* to have something to do with heavy disk
access, but I can't tell for sure.

--
Alexandre Oliva, GCC Team, Red Hat