RHN Updates

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sun Aug 3 17:25:45 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 11:06:38AM -0600, Michael Young wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 10:48, Matthew Winter wrote:
> > Having such a tool would improve the value of the RHN, and provide
> > RedHat and the community with a means to test packages before the next
> > Beta ISO is released.
> >
> > Just my 2 pence worth on the subject.
[...]
> I imagine you about to get a million reasons from Mr. Spaleta as to why
> this will *NEVER* happen. And he might even try to make you feel like an
> idiot for even suggesting it.
>
> Now, if you will excuse me, I must find my asbestos suit before the
> flames ensue.

  Hum, may I suggest that the tone of the discussion on those lists stay
courteous. Suggestions on how RHN or other Red Hat based services are
certainly welcome, but honnestly I don't think there is much point on arguing
a lot about those here. It is a customer service, and feedback on
improvements is again welcome but please don't fight about whether
suggested changes makes sense or not, I think it is ultimately a Red Hat
decision on how Red Hat Network service may evolve, and hence starting
flamewars here about how suggestion "might" affect the service sounds
a bit pointless to me, isn't it ?

Daniel