ldapmigrate

Justin Clacherty justinc at serani.com.au
Sun Aug 3 23:54:51 UTC 2003

> Check your "suffix" in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf on your OpenLDAP server
> to see that it matches the '-b' option you pass to ldapmigrate.
>
> Dax Kelson
> Guru Labs

Yes the suffixes match.  I think the problem is that ldapmigrate doesn't
support search bases that have three parts to them.  The search base I am
testing with is "dc=serani,dc=com,dc=au", if I change the search base in
slapd.conf to "dc=serani,dc=com" and run ldapmigrate with prepdb things work
fine.  If I create the search base manually with ldapadd and

dn: dc=serani,dc=com,dc=au
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Serani
dc: serani

then ldapmigrate still complains when trying to create the searchbase but
happily adds the three ous.

Inteterstingly if I try to add the search base manually but have the dc
field of the object set up incorrectly I get exactly the same error from
ldapadd as I am seeing with ldapmigrate.  ie. the following ldif entry
causes the same error.

dn: dc=serani,dc=com,dc=au
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Serani
dc: test

I suspect that ldapmigrate is trying to create the searchbase entry with an
incorrect value for dc when the dn has more than two dc values.

Justin.