RHN Updates

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Mon Aug 4 02:34:51 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 19:49, Tom Diehl wrote:

> Just one suggestion Michael, instead of using the rhn subscription you paid
> for on the beta why not just sign up for the complimantry entitlment and use
> that for the beta if and when that should become useful? that way you can have
> your cake and eat it too. :-)

This is what I do. I was going to purchase an entitlement for home (we
use it at work), actually, until the new development/beta program was
announced, so I'm putting that off for the moment and running Severn
with a demo subscription. If I go back to Shrike or just go to Cambridge
when it's up, I might go ahead and go to a paid entitlement, but for now
I don't see the point.

I actually agree with Michael to a point, that it would be nice to have
RHN keep updating test packages for the beta, but OTOH I'm not expecting
it. There's a lot I'd like to see changed in the beta, but as not
everything appears to have been announced (witness
http://rhl.redhat.com)  I'm waiting patiently. Hopefully Red Hat will
let us all know something this week.

--
Kyle Maxwell <kylem at xwell.org>