rhn alert icon

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 19:13:06 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 13:22, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Hi Elton,
>
> Mutt sees files with a leading dot just fine. But Evolution doesn't for
> some reason. I know I could have renamed the file, but I hate doing that
> because later I forget why I renamed it and hence what it is there for.
> I could have renamed it, sent it to Daniel, and then immediately deleted
> it, true. I'm not making much sense. I resent Evolution's not being able
> to "see" and attach these files -- it's a sign of a poorly programmed
> application.

A) It's the GTK+ file selector, not Evolution

B) If you type the name into file selector explicitely it will
   work fine.

C) Rather more obscurely, .<TAB> will show all files starting
   with .

D) Yes, we know that the current GTK+ file selector has
   a poor UI. GTK+-2.4 will have an entirely different
   and opefully better widget.

Regards,
					Owen