updates

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 20:17:49 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 11:49:24AM -0400, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> beta to show up in the beta rhn channel. If I were a betting man...i
> would say that at some point in this beta cycle, the beta channel at rhn
> will get a few updates...if only to test out rhn/up2date

That would be a good bet.  :-)

> updates though. If they don't come...they don't come...no one in an
> official position is going to promise that any updates will show up.

Well, I won't promise, but putting updates from rawhide into RHN becomes
more interesting as we accumulate updates, and it *is* now on the agenda.
It wasn't something we were sure about ahead of time -- the main points
of the channel being there when we launched were to make sure that the
firstboot registration works, and to leave ourselves the option to use
it later for updates.  Expect channel population during this week.
(Modulo emergencies which by their very nature we won't be able to
comment on, blah blah blah.  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/