ftp://people.redhat.com/jakub/prelink/0.3.0-1/

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 23:07:23 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 05:28:50PM -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 17:51, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>
> > I've changed prelink so that prelinking is done automatically
> > (if prelink is installed and it is not disabled in /etc/sysconfig/prelink),
> > by default nightly in quick mode and every fortnight in full mode.
> > I'd appreciate if you could check it out and report any problems
> > into bugzilla.  Thanks.
>
> does prelink -a do what I want if I want all of the .conf file done, or
> do I have to use another option or something?
>
> Just seems I got some errors when trying the above command.

Errors or warnings?
Some errors are expected, e.g. it is not possible to prelink emacs.
But if you have other errors (I'm not interested in warnings like
Warning: %s has undefined non-weak symbols
- that's just a hint for the package owners that perhaps things might
be better prelinked if libraries listed all direct dependencies),
please mail them to me off-list (or file in bugzilla).

But, the above rpm should do things automatically during first night
after installing it (with results in /var/log/prelink.log).

	Jakub