local users when ldap is down? (was: Re: libuser's LDAP support (was Re: LDAP Performance))

Tommy McNeely tommy.mcneely at sun.com
Wed Aug 6 23:09:08 UTC 2003

heh, so is that how to properly hijack a thread :)

I question whether Red Hat (or linux in general) has fixed the problem
that I have experienced from 7.x all the way through 9 so far where if
the "ldap server" is unreachable, not even *local* users or root can
login. The system hangs while looking up group information appearantly?
I have seen little hacks in my bug reports, but have any of those been
implemented into the mainstream yet?