aRTs and XMMS problems anyone???

Botoaca Andrei warlock_ba at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 13:04:20 UTC 2003

I have a Celeron 533MHz, Alsa installed too.
If i play xmms (through arts) music during high processor load, xmms stops
playing 4good, arts processor usage blows up to 50%, and even after I stop
any other compilations/thingies, arts usage still is up to 50%, machine
moves slowly, and XMMS is still dead. Even after I crash xmms arts is dead,
no sound goes through it, or if it does, it does for a second or two, and
then same result.
If I play with XMMS through OSS or alsa, everything is ok, even on VERY HIGH
processor load.
After I fixed NVidia problems, like on this page described, it does the same
thing but not so often.
Who's fault is this ?

Any ideea?
I appreciate any help ...