rhn alert icon

Kent Nyberg nyberg.kent at spray.se
Sun Aug 10 19:27:46 UTC 2003

tor 2003-08-07 klockan 12.20 skrev Daniel Veillard:

>   This tend to confirm my hypothesis that this is related to load, especially
> if rebuilding the cache on a first start, a relatively slow machine or low
> memory conditions might exacerbate the problem ...
>
>    thanks for the report !
>
> Daniel

When i start my computer and log in to the Gnome desktop i can see this
one pixel-wide RHN icon for about a second or two.
I have an P3-500 with 512 mb ram.
I installed everything from the BETA and have not checked what is
starting and what is not, so i might have lots of stuff starting - that
is, heavy load.
So i guess this might also confirm your hypothesis?
For me the icon gets the right size after that second or two though.
But also, i do recall seeing the one pixel-size icon for a whole session
rather than just a second while starting gnome.