Forbidden bugs

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Mon Aug 11 10:10:22 UTC 2003

Leonard den Ottolander writes:
>  This has probably been asked before, but why are there bugs in
> bugzilla that I cannot access? What could be secret about a bug report?

Before the recent policy change for RHL there was a closed beta group
which had a little information which were not yet publicly available.
Since bug reports could contain references to such information, they
were not publicly available.  That distinction is not very relevant
any more, but the bugs filed before the policy change probably still
have this bit set.

There were also, and maybe still are, even more restricted entries
only available to Red Hat people.  Maybe only some of them, I don't
know.  And I don't know exactly what kind of secrets could be referred
to, but there are probably still SOME things Red Hat keeps secret.
Business deals for example.

Typically, it is not the bug in itself which is secret.  But the
comments about it might refer to other information, which is/was.