was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 04:01:17 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 05:44:12AM +0200, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> I would like to see RHLP to be more open and more visible.
>
> I don't talk about license. I am talking about communication.

Yes, this is one of our highest priorities. I think this (and building
infrastructure for external contributors) has to take precedence over
new features and packages to a large extent, especially once Cambridge
is released.

> Also, RedHat have closed the rhl.redhat.com website and nobody knows why
> and nobody knows what is currently going on.

This will get resolved, just hang in there.

> Perhaps Redhat can create the "RedHat weekly news" as Debian do :
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/

I'd like to see someone external contribute this (once we have
the web site back and some other basics).

> I don't know if this is currently possible but I would a mailing-list
> that report events from bugzilla. Mostly new bugs and status change (not
> only of my own bugs).

Newer versions of bugzilla may have this feature - I remember seeing
something like it on bugzilla.mozilla.org.

> Now that RHL is a project, I hope there will be more rawhide users. I
> appreciate if RedHat keeps the two or three last rpm of each packages in
> case if something goes wrong. At least the src.rpm.

That seems like a useful idea. I don't know how hard it would be
(there are mirrors, scripts, etc. to think about).

> The last but not least, and it's the third request without any reply,
> can you provide +user+ mailing-list for none English speakers ?

This is a good idea, we just need someone to do it. I think we need to
find a speaker of each language to moderate/own the mailing list.  We
may have some people willing inside Red Hat; I don't know if we are
set up to allow external list owners on listman.redhat.com or not.

Havoc