was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to
Tue Aug 12 04:54:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 00:39, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Paul Iadonisi (pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to) said:
> >   How about just moving the old revs into a rawhide-old directory?  You
> > could periodically prune the rawhide-old directory to only have two or
> > three revs.
>
> This still implies *we* want to carry around that much space. :)
> Seriously, rawhide is already 11GB+, and it will get bigger once
> we actually start adding debuginfo packages.

  Of course.  You need to decide that first.  But as another suggestion
(mentioned earlier in this thread), nuke the old binary rpms.  Yes, that
*could* mean that you may have src rpms that won't build on any current
version or rawhide system, but we're only talking about a convenience
here.  Not a 'must work' kind of thing.  Of course, I'm well aware of
the types of people who feel that EVERYTHING must work at all times,
even essentially unreleased code :-).
  I think it's great that Red Hat has opened up it's development process
as much as it has and look forward to seeing this community develop.
However, I don't envy the position you guys at Red Hat are in, trying to
make the decisions you must, knowing full well that there are going to
be a few noisy people who complain about anything.  I'll try not to be
one of those people ;-).
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator