was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Aug 12 06:01:13 UTC 2003

> out of curiosity - will we ever learn _why_ it was taken down?
> That'd do a lot to show us that red hat is trying to operate in an open
> manner.
>
> The questions about the website have gotten a lot of the "red
> wall-of-nda'd-silence". Kinda irritating: 'yes, we'd like to be more
> open'. 'no, we can't tell you why we took a website down'.

I wanted to  add a note here.

I realize that none of the developers are at fault for being bound by an
nda. I'm not upset with anyone about that. I understand that this is a
job and you have certain rules you have to follow. I was just hoping
that the info regarding the status of the rhl.redhat.com wasn't
protected by the nda.

so no malice intended in the cited section above.

-sv