was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Tue Aug 12 09:33:36 UTC 2003

Hello Bill,

> This still implies *we* want to carry around that much space. :)
> Seriously, rawhide is already 11GB+, and it will get bigger once
> we actually start adding debuginfo packages.

 This can be solved quite easily. Just drop all old rpms, both source
and binary, and just make old spec files available (of course they
would need to be versioned). As long as all the patches are still in
the latest src rpm and the base sources didn't change you can rebuild
old rpms by installing the new src rpm and replacing the spec file. Of
course src rpms containing different source code verions c/should be
kept availble (for a while).

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!