was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 11:19:38 UTC 2003

> Something that Taroon already has :
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/taroon-beta-list/2003-August/msg00123.html
> A "what's new" web page ?

Thats under discussion and ideas like "newest packages" RSS feeds have
been kicked around.

> Also, RedHat have closed the rhl.redhat.com website and nobody knows why
> and nobody knows what is currently going on.

Watch this space.

> Perhaps Redhat can create the "RedHat weekly news" as Debian do :
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/

That is a very good suggestion. The question being whether it should be
an RH thing or a shared thing with community people - since we won't make
all the news eventually. Obviously right now we mostly do.

> I don't know if this is currently possible but I would a mailing-list
> that report events from bugzilla. Mostly new bugs and status change (not
> only of my own bugs).

The technology exists although I don't think those asking comprehend the
volume of traffic they would get 8)

> disappointed to don't see ACL in the kernel. ACL are in beta RH8.0 and
> 9. Now that they are in a productive state ACL is only in RHE. I know
> that ACL is not in the upstream. But can you consider to bring it back ?
> Please :-) Or it's a too big job since ACL will be in 2.6 and
> cambridge++ ?

One of the big issues there is reliability and amount of time to
make something reliable. The two projects are on different time scales
The other is the desire to get the RHPL closer to mainstream.

> The last but not least, and it's the third request without any reply,
> can you provide +user+ mailing-list for none English speakers ?

Symud da iawn yw e  8) [Thats a very good idea]

I'm not sure if it is something that makes sense to be at Red Hat or
on national Linux sites. I've added it to my list of stuff for internal
discussions.