mouse problems

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 12 18:52:37 UTC 2003

On August 12, 2003 06:29 am, Alexander Volovics <awol at home.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:33:59AM +0100, Mike Martin wrote:
> >  --- Alexander Volovics <awol at home.nl> wrote:
> > I installed severn on a dell i8100 without problems but when I
> >
> > > later plugged in a simple logitech usb mouse I experienced jerky
> > > mouse movements. Anybody else experience this.
> >
> > you could try adding Resolution "3" under the mouse options
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. But where do I add this?
> XF86Config, /etc/syconfig/hwconf, /etc/sysconfig/mouse, .....
In /etc/X11/XF86Config your entry should be like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
	Identifier  "DevInputMice"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

BTW. I am using a Logitech Optical USB mouse.

cheers,

Elton ;-)