was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 03:52:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:37:20AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> > The questions about the website have gotten a lot of the "red
> > wall-of-nda'd-silence". Kinda irritating: 'yes, we'd like to be more
> > open'. 'no, we can't tell you why we took a website down'.
>
> Yeah, I know. What the site says at the moment is really an accurate
> answer, fwiw.

While I cannot (right now) tell you the exact answer, I can
give you a vague hint to figure it out for yourself.

The original rhl.redhat.com web site answered the questions
raised by developers, since it is a development project.

However, it did not answer questions raised by some other
(unspecified) categories of people who interact with Red Hat.
Those questions need to be answered, in detail.

Discussions about development of packages and about the
development process that people would like to see can still
go on though, hopefully on the rhl-devel-list.