UML (was: Re: was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?)

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 04:02:22 UTC 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> I also think it's a Cambridge++ project, and yes we are interested,
> though we're not committing, blah blah blah.  :-)

In my opinion it would be best if all the UML luxury
packages were somewhere in a 3rd party repository, where
the people who are really dedicated to UML can give these
packages the attention they deserve.

The changes to the core distribution don't need to be
big.

> Have you played with qemu?

QEMU cannot yet run under itself, while the 2.6 UML can
run recursively.  Also, UML has gotten way more secure
and efficient with some support in the 2.6 kernel.