APT, Yum and Red Carpet

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 21:51:06 UTC 2003

> Then in this vein there needs to be a change in the trademark policy OR
> RHLP needs to have the red hat branding stripped from it so others can
> put it on servers/systems they sell w/o having to worry when the lawyers
> will come for them.

You can strip it yourself. Its been made reasonably easy to do. There is
a good reason for keeping some kind of RH branding for RHLP base - amongst
other things so people know they are getting RHLP not "Seth's hacks".

Exactly how all that fits trademark policies is something we are still
trying to finalize but its non trivial to do right .