RawHide and signature

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Thu Aug 14 05:52:48 UTC 2003

Le mer 13/08/2003 à 15:49, Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> Féliciano Matias (feliciano.matias at free.fr) said:
> > Many packages in Rawhide are not signed (528/1461).
> > Normal ?
>
> Yes, it's normal. Signing is a manual process, it's not done all
> the time.

OK, it's too much work.

But what can i do if my favourite rawhide mirror is cracked ?
Nothing.

At least give a signed md5sum file of all packages. Perhaps a none
signed md5sum in a redhat https site is enough if you don't want to sign
it manually.

If i can't confirm the source of rawhide packages, i will not use any
more mirrors :-)

If RHLP and Rawhide is a success, i think it's important to find a
solution.

Don't wait an accident to be forced to do something :
http://lwn.net/Articles/44402/

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias at free.fr>