APT, Yum and Red Carpet

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 16:30:02 UTC 2003

>> This is supposed to be true already; trademarks should be either in
>> redhat-logos or anaconda-images, not in any other package.  Replacing
>> those could be made easier by introducing some standard replacement
>> packages.

seth> Well - it seems to me that the trademark policy requires removing any
seth> place it says 'red hat'

Not necessarily -- that would imply that nobody could refer to our company
as "Red Hat", for example.  The use to which the words comprising a
trademark are put also has a bearing on the matter.  Otherwise, there are
companies producing feed and irrigation equipment (iirc) that would be
knocking on our door, as their use of the words "Red Hat" no doubt predate
ours... :-)

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/