new up2date available (with apt/yum repo support)

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 19:41:11 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:48:41PM -0400, Adrian Likins wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 05:53:09PM +0200, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > Le mer 13/08/2003 à 05:14, Adrian Likins a écrit :
> > I remove old files in /var/spool/up2date .
> >
> > The "Channels" window show "redhat-linux-severn-i386-9.0.93". I uncheck
> > this channel.
> >
> > This take more than 4 minutes to have the "Available Package Update"
> > window and no progress bar.
> >
> 	Yup. It's reading the header file for every package in
> those directorys. Hooking up progress callbacks in all the approriate
> places is on the TODO list (though filing a bug wouldnt hurt)

	at least slightly better progress bars should land in the
next release.

> > Cancel the action and change /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to use yum
> > repository :
> > yum base /var/RH/9.0.93/yum/os/i386
> > yum rawhide /var/RH/rawhide/yum/os/i386
> >

> > New try, errors :
> >     channelTimeStamp = time.strptime(oldVersion,"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
> > ValueError: format mismatch
> >
> 	You used the same channel label for two different sources.
> The channel label determines what filename the repo info gets cached
> in, so you read the dir channels with the yum channel reader. Which
> doesnt make it sense, but it also means the dirRepo is using a
> different timestamp format than the yum repos (ie, a bug).

	Actually, I'd forgotten that I'd gotten rid of
caching dir based package lists. I might resurect this
at some point (just need to use mtime of the dir to
validate the cache).

	So, in the mean time, the fix is to
use different names.

Adrian