Applications slow to start up

Matthew Winter wintermi at teratools.com
Sun Aug 17 16:40:14 UTC 2003

Hi,

I did run top before, and nothing is showing up as chewing up CPU
cycles. In fact most things are running at less than 0.1% during the
startup of the application. When evolution finally starts, it increases
to about 50%, while it loads all of the folder information.

The only real thing I noticed, is that no matter what I started
"magicdev" seemed to kick in for about 2 seconds.

I have rebooted the machine without any difference. In fact it can be
worse when you have just booted. Leaving the machine for about 1 hour
seems to improve the overall performance of applications starting.

Thanks
Matthew