Severn Beta2

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 18 18:41:47 UTC 2003

On August 18, 2003 10:32 am, "Noah Silva [Mailing list]"
<nsilva-list at aoi.atari-source.com> wrote:
> More than OOo 1.1 I am interested in seeing the Ximian-ized OOo (except
> _please_ change the default back to .sxw and not .doc!!).
>
> It's also a bit convenient having every release of redhat require me to
> uninstall ximian packages.  I think at this point, redhat should assume
> that a large percentage of users use ximian, and allow to upgrade from
> their packages.
>
>  -- noah silva
Without more precise data on customer usage, Red Hat cannot
*ASSume* things like that. Closer cooperation with the Ximian and
Red Hat teams might improve things, but the basic structure of the
current RH distros is radically different from many of the other
distros supported by Ximian (e.g. SUSe, Mandrake, Gentoo).

Elton ;-)