Red Hat Linux 3.3-14

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 17:25:19 UTC 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Michael Schwendt wrote:

>$ gcc --version | head -1
>gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030715 (Red Hat Linux 3.3-14)
>
>Taattaaaa! The version of the next final release has leaked. ;o)
>Who said it would become "Red Hat Linux 10"? Red Hat will be
>using completely unexpected version numbers from now on.

It's no suprise.  We've been publically calling it Red Hat Linux
10 development aka. "Cambridge" since the initial public
announcement of the Red Hat Linux Project.  The development and
release schedule also is public info, being advertised in the
installer screens during install.

So if it becomes something other than "Red Hat Linux 10" in the
end, it'll likely be discussed on these public lists before
changing anyway.  ;o)