RawHide Bluecurve theme problem: More Info

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 18:35:02 UTC 2003

Alexander Larsson wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 18:35, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I was trying to figure out the problem to the previously reported problem
>>all morning, and wrongly thinking GAIM somehow caused the problem.  In
>>fact, the problem only occurs in windows with Japanese charicters in the
>>title bar - somehow the hight is under-estimated in that case.
>>
>>I am using the "Bitstream Vera Sans" font, size 10 for the window
>>captions.
>>
>>Using some fonts, like "Fixed", fixes the problem.  Other fonts, like
>>"Courier" show the same symptoms.  Changing the size, interestingly
>>enough, doesn't fix the problem at all.
>>

>I guess the problem is related to glyphs in a font that are larger than
>the "design height" of the font.

I was looking at the problem yesterday in the theme file, and it seems
as though it *might* be some non-theme bug, meaning that it *might* be a
Metacity issue that the new theme could trigger.  It *could* also be
something else, too -- again, I'm not really sure.

Anyway, the theme is calculating the titlebar height in two different
places and each place gets different results.  Both use the title_height
+ 4 pixels (for padding), but are simply in different places.  I'll look
at it more.  It could be on my side of things, but I'm not seeing how it
could be (at the moment, at least).

Garrett