Keyboard freeze, Wireless Weirdness

Wed Aug 20 13:54:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

This may be a silly thing, but in case you haven't checked.  When I
installed Severn, it found a wireless card, but installed it as just a
normal ethernet card (as seen in redhat-config-network).  I got it working
manually by setting the essid and other settings manually with IWconfig.
Later, I found that by completely removing and re-installing the card (as
wireless) though redhat-config-network.

I assume if running
/etc/init.d/network restart
fixes the problem, then the wireless specific options are set up properly
and you have a different problem.

I will poke around the network script tonight and see how it sets up
things out of curiosity.

thanks,
    noah silva