anyone else using a cable-modem connection?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 21 17:56:01 UTC 2003

On August 21, 2003 01:36 pm, Glen Maeding <gmaeding at kidspeace.org> wrote:
> <<I wonder if I'm the only one interested in such an applet (for the Gnome
> desktop as well)?>>
>
> Isnt there one already labeled 'system monitor'?  Right click on panel, add
> to panel, ultity, system monitor.  Change in the perferences the monitor to
> see from processor to network.

Let me try this in Standard English.
The Requested Feature Enhancement is for an applet which shows the
_data throughput_ of the Network Interface Card.
SPECIFICALLY: something which shows so many kilobytes
*uploading* and so many kilobytes *downloading*.

The system monitor shows what processes are running and the
amount of *CPU* usage. It DOES NOT show the data throughout
of the Internet or network connections.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself _clearly enough_.

Elton ;-)