Minimal Install Option

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 21 20:31:50 UTC 2003

Jef Spaleta said:
[major snip]
> If you need to worry about having only 200Megs of Harddrive space or
> only 4 megs of memory at this point in the game...you really should be
> rolling yer own media sets or something other than expecting the default
> rhl image to cater to systems limitations for which predate
> cobol....anaconda-runtime exists for a reason.
[ditto]

At some point making your on installer makes sense.  For example, the RULE
project (http://www.rule-project.org/en/) decided that Anaconda was too
resource hungry, so they made their own installer, making a smaller
"minimal" install in the process.

I think the Red Hat Linux "Project" should encourage more of these type of
things.  Heck, I would even go for the stance of removing the "minimal"
install and pointing people to RULE instead.
--
William Hooper