Firewall/Router security (was Re: Minimal Install Option)

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Fri Aug 22 05:05:38 UTC 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 17:48, Bill Anderson uttered:
> Close, it's Core, Base (Minimal), and "Dailup"

Well right.  Dialup being a required of Base.  I really don't think that
Dialup qualifies as a requirement of Base.  I'd file an RFE at the same time
we're working on the minimal install to remove Dialup as a requirement of
Base.  THats why there used to be an option for "Dialup Workstation" or
something like that.

> > There is <manditory> where it cannot be removed from the installation,
> > <default> where it can be removed, but is included by default, and
> > <optional> where it is part of the group, and can be included, but is
> > not included by default.
> >
> > SSH/krb I believe should be <default>.
>
> Yup. Though I'd probably be tempted to put krb in optional. I'm building
> a list of current and proposed change to Minimal, according to each type
> (Mandatory, Default, Optional). It should be sent out shortly. Well as
> soon as I finish writing the script. :)

I can agree to krb being <optional>.  I never use krb myself, jsut thought
there were others that wanted it default.  Either way doesn't bother me as
long as it's removable from the installation options in one (easy)way or
another.

I look forward to the new comps.xml and I'll review/add/agree as fit (for my
needs).  YaY!  Community as it should be.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: