A solution to the Galeon situation?

Joel Young jdy at cs.brown.edu
Sat Aug 23 16:59:03 UTC 2003

--------
> From: George J Karabin <gkarabin at pobox.com>
>
> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 07:51, Joel Young wrote:
> > Sometimes I need to run with two different browsers so I can have one
> > without a proxy and the other with one.
>
> Can you describe a scenario when you'd like to do this? Is it that you
> want to only use the proxy for certain host names or netmasks?

I have a couple of different web proxies I use.  One of them provides a
snapshot of the web from 1997 I use for web spidering research.  I like
to be able to point my browser at that proxy for periods of time to be
able to navigate thru that snapshot.  I have another proxy which saves
any images I encounter.  I don't want to use that all the time either.
One of the machines has a caching and anonomizing proxy which I might
like to use sometimes.

I want to be able to navigate my snapshot at the same time as checking
my ebay auctions for example, without having to run multiple browsers.

Joel