Gnome not working any longer - Rawhide - now works

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 18:23:58 UTC 2003

Whatever caused GNOME to be broken within Rawhide was fixed with
installing the latest XFree86 rpms.

It's good to have GNOME back again. Is the new default for a top panel
and a lower panel? I have it and like the changes to the lower panel.
(Applets available)

I'm at a loss to what was broken in the rpms. (Gnome not working, but
KDE functioning)

KDE is starting to be a lot more usable. But I noticed that there were a
few things that still make me prefer GNOME.

How is the progress for Severn2? - rawhide's GNOME version looks pretty
sharp!

Jim

--
When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers.
		-- The Wall Street Journal