Severn updates RHN channel

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Mon Aug 25 13:53:04 UTC 2003

Le lun 25/08/2003 à 15:05, Elliot Lee a écrit :
> RHN now has a channel populated with Severn updates. It's a great way to
> keep up with the bleeding edge of development, aka Rawhide.
>
> You'll have to use the RHN web interface to subscribe to this channel. Its
> name is redhat-linux-severn-i386-9.0.93-updates, and on the web interface
> its description is "Red Hat Linux (Severn) 9.0.93 - Beta Updates".

I don't see it :
https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/index.pxt

> Some packages are signed with the new rawhide signing key - to get this,
> install the 'rawhide-release' package from the channel, and then import
> the rawhide key contained in that package (using 'rpm --import').

rawhide-release-20030825-1 (from rawhide) don't have such key.

> I will try to keep the channel updated with rawhide packages on a daily
> basis. By subscribing your system to this channel, you accept the risk of
> having broken packages installed on your system, since the packages have
> not necessarily been QA'd. If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions,

Can you explain the differences between
"redhat-linux-severn-i386-9.0.93-updates" and rawhide (if any).

Why create a new channel and don't use the current  "Red Hat Linux
(Severn) 9.0.93 - Beta".

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias at free.fr>