no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Klaasjan Brand kjb at dds.nl
Wed Aug 27 14:29:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 14:58, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> we're not talking about an official release here.  we're talking about
> a *beta*, which we as beta testers *expect* to have flaws, glitches and
> bugs.  so what does it even mean to say that a beta is "ready" anyway?

I guess you'd want to have a beta on a certain quality level to make
sure it really gets tested... if it won't install on a lot of systems or
is completely unusable you won't get the testing you like. Even a small
bug like the non-starting panel from rawhide will cause a lot of
potential testers to just give up.

> i mean, really.  it *is* just a beta.

For everything else, there's rawhide 8)

Klaasjan