Virtualized Build environments

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 28 16:48:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > Are UML kernels capable of true NPTL build environment internally?
>
> That's a good question. I guess it'd have to be 2.6 UML and
> even there I'm not quite sure...

I am not sure where nptl ends and tls starts, but I suspect tls is broken
in the current 2.6 UML, since the get_thread_area and set_thread_area
syscalls don't exist, which upsets the uml kernel if the tls libraries
are in the image. If I ever have plenty of time/disk space I believe there
are some nptl tests associated with glibc which I might try.

	Michael Young