Nautilus still doesn't do wildcards?

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Thu Aug 28 17:58:38 UTC 2003

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 19:42, Steve Bergman wrote:
>>Am I the only one that wants to be able to type:
>>
>>./*.rpm
> It is not currently implemented no. Many people have wanted it, but a
> lot of people want a lot of things, and I haven't gotten any patches for
> it yet. It will get there eventually (although perhaps not exactly like
> you described it).

Is anyone, especially upstream developers, working on it?
Is the a plan for nautilus, expected features and rought ideas on when
they will be worked on? Or is development of new features completly
random and hap-hazard?

On the subject of patches, how many people understand the working of
nautilus well enough to even attempt it? I dug into the smb:// code for
gnome-vfs once, and it was very non-linear. What functions would need
work to do get wildcards/filtering to work?

	-Thomas