AD DNS

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 10:27:59 UTC 2003

Ed Coleman wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:19, stephan schutter wrote:
>

>>Thank you for all your responses.
>>
>>That solves the resolution question. This  implies that I did not pick
>>up the complete scope from DHCP. This is Microsoft DHCP, using named
>>spaces quite intensively, is it diferent from UNIX? I mean; if I am only
>>picking up part of the DHCP info, then my DHCP client is not acting like
>>the Microsoft one... what could be different?
>>

>IIRC, DHCP does not currently define a way to provide a search list.
>Microsoft may have 'extended' something to make it work....
>

><snip>
>

>--

The latest DHCP does.  It is on Rawhide and will be in the next beta for
Cambridge.  Basically you can add a
SEARCH line to your ifcfgp-eth* file.  So add you were using eth0  you
would edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and add the
following line.

SEARCH "border.censored.com censored.com"

Dan