KDE session removed from gdm

Thiago Vinhas de Moraes tvinhas at techbyte.com.br
Sun Aug 31 10:45:21 UTC 2003

Em Sáb, 2003-08-30 às 22:26, Havoc Pennington escreveu:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 09:25:20PM -0300, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > After yesterday's latest updates from rawhide, I don't know why the file
> > /etc/X11/dm/Sessions/kde.desktop was removed, and there was no KDE
> > option at gdm.
> >
> > I've put the file in the right place, and it worked again.
> >

> What package owns that file on your system? I only have a script
> called "KDE"
>
> (Not running rawhide on this machine, granted)

I guess it should be gdm. I'm running the latest rawhide updates from
RHN, and the package is gdm-2.4.2.102-1.

Everything works fine now, but I had to manually duplicate the
/etc/X11/dm/Sessions/gnome.desktop as /etc/X11/dm/Sessions/kde.desktop
changing the GNOME references to KDE, and the Exec= from gnome-session
to kde.

Regards,
Thiago