Why xcdroast and not gcombust?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Aug 31 20:25:01 UTC 2003

I was just wondering why xcdroast gets included as the standard cd
writer and not gcombust.  I always end up frustrated with xcdroast and
gcombust is quite friendly.  Also, it's obvious how to write an existing
iso image with gcombust and I don't see that xcdroast can even do it.
Plus gcombust fits in nicely with Bluecurve and is at least a GTK app,
whereas xcdroast is, well, whatever it is.  I there a licensing issue or
something?

Then again, eventually, I suppose, nautilus will do it all.

Just curious.

-Steve