Why xcdroast and not gcombust?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Aug 31 22:50:25 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 17:09, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> Steve Bergman wrote:
> > I'll file a bugzilla request though, since I think gcombust is much more
> > intuitive, especially for less technically inclined users.
>
> Hmm..I think you just offended me. I like gcombust of xcdroast...are you
> calling me a less technically inclinded user? Wait, no don't answer
> that...my fragile ego probably couldn't stand the truth.

Well, I was trying not to offend the xcdroast fans.  ;-)

> But seriously...if we are going to open this can of worms up and ask the
> question what are the 2 best cd-burning apps rhl should be shipping as
> core distro pieces...i don't know if I'd put gcombust in that elite
> group. I like it..it works for me...but i think I've seen more
> 'technically less inclined users' like seth, drool over k3b. I've even
> heard k3b compared favorable to windows cdburning apps like nero.

That's why I asked on the list first.  If the response was
overwhelmingly negative, or I got 15 responses that application
DiscIncinerator is ten times better, I'd probably think better of filing
a gcombust request with bugzilla.

I notice that Gnome Toaster is already included in "more system tools"
and am burning new Severn CD's with it now.  Perhaps I'll like it
better?

-Steve