CUPS - GS - question/problem

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Dec 3 20:02:26 UTC 2003

Cups uses Ghostscript to print to non-Postscript printers.
And it needs its own version of gs, with its print driver installed in it.
OK.

I just had problems printing to one printer that I KNOW I had been
able to print to before, and ran it down to there being two copies
of gs on my system,- one in /usr/bin/gs the other in /usr/local/bin/gs
and CUPS using the wrong one.

Ive LOOKED but havent found any way to configure CUPS to use a specific
version (path) to gs.  My hope was that this would be in cups.conf, but
no luck.

So the question.
Is it possible to configure CUPS to use a specific version of gs???
and yes, there are reasons for my having two versions on the system.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com