Fedora Core 2 wishlists kde-3.2

Neal D. Becker nbecker at hns.com
Wed Dec 10 12:45:05 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 07:53 pm, Michal Zeravik wrote:
> Neal D. Becker wrote:
> >kde3.2, hopefully released by then?  If not, beta2 is working well for me.
> Well. Have you built that from cvs? Can you describe process?
> After all fedora (rh) has bluecurve modifications I think.

I built from konstruct.  Only 2 minor problems enountered.  I had to 
edit /usr/include/xine.h to fix a syntax error, and I had to fix dirmngr to 
work with Fedora's db4, which I did by adding a link /usr/lib/libdb-4.so 
-> /lib/libdb-4.1.so.

I also wrote this script (see attachment)
and modified /etc/inittab:


At first, I tried adding /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and running 
ldconfig, then adding /opt/kde3.2-beta2/{lib,bin} to /etc/prelink.conf and 
running prelink, but it turns out that this screwed up the ability to go back 
to the original kde-3.1 installation.  I reverted these files and reran 
prelink, and then kde3.1 was restored.  It turns out that these steps were 
not necessary.  I guess it's because kde3.2 was build with -R soecho 
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so even without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or 
modifying /etc/ld.so.conf, kde3.2 binaries seem to find the correct 

 ldd /opt/kde3.2-beta2/bin/konqueror 
	libkdeinit_konqueror.so => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkdeinit_konqueror.so 
	libkonq.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkonq.so.4 (0x001bd000)
	libkparts.so.2 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkparts.so.2 (0x003b0000)
	libkio.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkio.so.4 (0x04fc2000)
	libkdeui.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkdeui.so.4 (0x04d05000)
	libkdesu.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkdesu.so.4 (0x002d2000)
	libkdecore.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkdecore.so.4 (0x04b05000)
	libDCOP.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libDCOP.so.4 (0x0026f000)
	libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0x00c2f000)
	libart_lgpl_2.so.2 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2 (0x00578000)
	libkdefx.so.4 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libkdefx.so.4 (0x002a5000)
	libqt-mt.so.3 => /opt/kde3.2-beta2/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x0434d000)
	libGL.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/tls/libGL.so.1 (0x00319000)
	libXmu.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6 (0x00d5e000)
	libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x00d94000)
	libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0x00df1000)
	libXft.so.2 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.2 (0x00d80000)
	libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00c43000)
	libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x00d0b000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00af2000)
	libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x0038b000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x00bea000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x00af7000)
	libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x00c25000)
	libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x00c0c000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x00bfa000)
	libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x00d76000)
	libutil.so.1 => /lib/libutil.so.1 (0x00467000)
	libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x00bd7000)
	libfam.so.0 => /usr/lib/libfam.so.0 (0x00d9a000)
	libstdc++.so.5 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 (0x00593000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x00ace000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00fe7000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x00993000)
	libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x00c95000)
	libexpat.so.0 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x00ce9000)
	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x0097b000)

One more thing, for some reason I had to reset my font choices.  With stock 
fedora1 kde, the fonts looked very nice, but after installing kde3.2 they 
didn't look so good.  I chose bitstream vera sans for most things, and it 
looks good.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: prekdm
Type: application/x-shellscript
Size: 507 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/attachments/20031210/9c73df51/attachment.bin 

More information about the test mailing list