need help: fc1 for amd64

Nathan Bryant nbryant at optonline.net
Sun Dec 21 16:58:26 UTC 2003

this is kind of out of left field, but

maybe their bios tries to probe the monitor's frequency ranges and set
an optimal (read: as high as possible) refresh rate, and your kvm switch
isn't letting the sense data get through.

i had a hell of a time getting my Sun Ultra5 or Ultra10 or whatever it
works working with a PC monitor through a kvm switch... probably a
Belkin switch, too... if it was plugged in directly to the monitor when
the box was booted, it would work ok, and then I could switch it over to
the kvm switch.

good luck updating the bios. maybe you can flash it through Windows with
their bios liveupdate thing.