rpmbuild broken

George Garvey tmwg-fedorat at inxservices.com
Sun Dec 28 20:56:07 UTC 2003

   After the last update from testing, rpmbuild broke. rpm-4.2.2-0.7.
python-2.3.3-1. I've tried going backwards with a few packages, and nothing
seems to make a difference. Don't know enough about rpm to do much
diagnosis.
   Through -bi is okay. With -ba, on very rare occasions finishes,
sometimes hangs, usually segfaults. It appears to be having problems with
the debug info. I don't know how to turn off debuginfo processing, which is
where I suspect the problem is.
   I suspect this, because the debuginfo isn't always produced in the
installation tree, and one rpmbuild run hangs on:
	Processing files: hp2pbm-debuginfo-0.1-3
   I don't know where to go from here to deal with this, so I'm reporting
it in the hopes it will make sense to someone who does know.