A Newbie with 2135 and trying to install NVIDIA 4496 or 5328

Keith Goode keithgoode at gci.net
Mon Dec 29 06:37:14 UTC 2003

OK, this is how far I have got and can't get any further...  Help!
Arghhhhh!

I put the system at runlevel at 3, logged in as root, and ran the .run
pkg for either the 4496 or 5328..  No matter what, it tells me it does
not know where my kernel (or I need to recompile...) is and wants me to
include --kernel-include-path...
I know I have 2135, but, does anyone know what I am supposed to do?

This is the first time I have ever run Linux at all, and I do not know
anything!  At least the Fedora installation went easy enough for me to
understand, I even kept Windows 2000 on board!

Thanks,
Keith Goode